Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year, A New Beginning....

Happy New Year to everybody!! The holiday season is now officially over and with it a little bit of the stress in daily life.

I am going to be spending the next few days doing my traditional "out with the old, in with new" routine. This year my process will take more of a meaning as I clear not only the clutter around my house but the emotional baggage I have carried for far too long.

These last 3 months have provided great insight into those in my life who I can truly depend on and those that are only around because they know I will be there if they need me. As hard as it may be, I have resolved to eliminate those people who do not provide mutually the support they have often sought from me. As I eliminate those who aee only taking up space, those vacancies are quickly filled with the new friends I have made along the way in this journey. While I may have found these people in bizarre circumstances, God has brought them to me for a reason. I have overlooked many true friends in the past instead choosing to remain "loyal" to people who do not deserve my loyalty. I will no longer be that person. This is one of my resolutions for the new year.

Today we begin the "cleaning of the clutter" that has overtaken my house. I look around at some of the things we have and all I can ask myself is WHY?? We take the first few days of the New Year and clean out our closets of clothing that no longer fits, toys that the kids have not bothered with in quite some time, and various other "stuff" that we have accumulated. It has been an interesting process over the last few years. We have even found things we had long forgotten we even OWNED!!

Ebay is my favorite outlet for eliminating the clutter. I have already started listing some of the things we have that were just collecting dust and am sure there will be a great deal more. Communicator and I have discussed holding an Ebay class at the Union Hall. If you are interested in it, please let one of us know and we can put a list together to get it organized and running. I have been selling on Ebay even long before the strike. It really can be quite profitable at times. It is also a great way to "nest egg" for those extras we all want in life.

I often have items that for one reason or another I do not list on Ebay. It is not that there is anything wrong with them but it may be something as simple as the weight or shape of them make shipping them difficult. I will be posting a FREE TO GOOD HOME blog next week. If you see something on there you want let me know. We can work out a way to get it to you.

Well got a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it so I will pop off of here for now. I have received a lot of different video requests lately. The problem I am running into is the copyright laws and artists requesting no uploading of their videos. "Weird Al" doesn't seem to mind so with my Ebay mindset today I hope you enjoy this one.....



~TS1~
ts1_2008@hotmail.com

No comments: